Young people should not be overwhelmed when they start to consider possible careers. Many, however, do feel lost and stressed about the prospect of choosing careers to consider. A great way to help students get started is to look at a range of career quizzes.
Students need to know that the findings of a careers quiz only give an indication of possible careers that may suit their interests and qualities. No quiz is perfect and students should not be distressed if a career they were considering is not listed as one to consider. Quizzes are simply a fun way to start thinking and refining what should be a list of possible careers rather than one or two careers.
The Careers Quiz is on the Home Page. www.joboutlook.com.au
Students are given a list of various tasks and asked to nominate the task from each list that appeals to them the most.
They are then provided with a style of work that might suit them the most as well as a list of careers to start researching.
Students can then go into the ‘A-Z’ of careers at the top of the page to find other careers they may enjoy.
Important points to remember
- Students should not be disappointed if a career they had been considering is not on the list generated after the quiz!
- This is just one of many career quizzes and others may generate a different list of careers to research.
- Students should see this as fun and not a serious test.
- Parents can help by joining in and doing the careers test too.
- Students can start doing careers tests as early as Year 7.